Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Unity Center of Cedar Rapids is dedicated to a consciousness of the highest and best good for UnityCR. Our leaders are deeply invested in sustaining a spiritual community that is dedicated to Principle and to our mission. Our Board of Trustees is about the business of shared leadership. All congregants are welcome to attend monthly board meetings.
Licensed Unity Leaders
UnityCR is blessed to have three Licensed Unity Leaders in Janith Griffith (left), Susan Liddell (center) and Barb Buchanan (right). They are licensed by Unity Worldwide Ministries and the first in UnityCR’s history to achieve this distinction.
Each licensed leader has a specific passion and responsibility. All licensed leaders serve on our spiritual care ministry team, providing spiritual support for congregants. Janith serves on Unity’s Great Lakes Regional Board and is an Enlightened Living facilitator. Susan serves on the Cedar Rapids Inter-religious Council, supports our Ministry Team Leaders and is an Enlightened Living Facilitator. Barb serves on the Unity Worldwide Earth Care Team and monitors the care of our building.
For more information about the Licensed Unity Leader/Teacher program, see Unity Institute.
Qualifications to Serve on the Board of Trustees
Section 4.04 – BOARD OF TRUSTEES – NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION
(A) Qualifications. Any person elected to the Board of Trustees must be a member of Unity Center of Cedar Rapids. This person will:
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and desire to serve on the Board.
- Endeavor to live in accord with the Unity Principles.
- Further the work of this Ministry through interest, love, and support.
- Be a sincere and continuing student of Unity, conversant with its teachings.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be pre-qualified by the nominating ministry team, according to standing ministry team procedures.