Face Mask Policy
Effective June 1, 2022
Updated September 19, 2022
Masks are Required
UnityCR COVID-19 Protocol
This guidance is based on information and recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local Public Health Departments. The purpose of this document is to provide guidance to congregants, outlining the process/es to follow if another congregant is diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 or if he/she begins to experience COVID like symptoms.
As we navigate his present season, we ask the following:
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and recently attended Sunday services or events at UCR fewer than 10 days from the positive test or the onset of symptoms, please contact the minister at (319) 393-5422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be asked to provide the context of your presence at the Center (e.g. class, recovery group, meeting, Sunday service, etc.) to ensure that appropriate mitigation procedures take place.
- The minister will immediately communicate the possibility of exposure to the congregation and/or necessary groups via email and/or written communication.
- Confidentiality and privacy will be strictly maintained.
Specific guidance established by Unity Center of Cedar Rapids:
- Masks are required for everyone 2 years and older at all times.
Given new CDC isolation guidelines after exposure, we will continue to meet in person for services and events.
Continue to Practice the 3 W’s of COVID Mitigation:
- Wear your mask
- Watch your distance (6 ft. or more)
- Wash your hands (with soap and water or hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol based)
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms.
Healing is rarely a straight line, and this is just a momentary experience that allows us to continue to gather as a congregation. All shall be well, for all is well in God.