Keep UCR Grounds Beautiful
Please help us keep the UnityCR grounds beautiful by volunteering an hour (or more) of your time to weed a garden or pick up trash. See the guidelines and task options below.
THANK YOU for donating your time to help keep the grounds of UCR beautiful and safe!
Please remember to follow the guidelines from the Iowa Department of Health and the CDC in regards to COVID-19:
- Maintain social distancing
- Wear a mask as you are able, especially if you are unable to keep a proper 6ft distance
- Bring your own tools
- Carry out your own trash
- If there are 10 people already working on the grounds, please come back another time
Volunteer Task List:
Pick up trash
- Pick up around the whole property, including the wooded area near the apartments
Weeding – pull weeds and saplings, leave milkweed for the Monarch butterflies.
Entryway garden (add new mulch as needed)
- Along the bookstore windows (add new mulch as needed)
- In front of the kitchen /brick area
- Near the sanctuary (East / I380 side)
- Shrub area along west/N Pine Dr side of the building
Cut down shrubs/branches
- On the north (Blairs Ferry) side of the entrance drive
- NW corner of the property (Remove volunteer tree near the lilac bushes)
- Around HVAC equipment and utility meters
- South property line. Trim bushes down to fence level.
- Behind the garage (this makes it easier to mow)
- Grind stumps around Unity sign
If you have questions, please contact Jim Greene or the office [email protected]