A Simple Guide to Zoom
If you are new to Zoom online conferencing, read on! This guide will get you started.
1 – Click the Meeting Link
Click the link in the eNews or the button at the top www.unitycr.org
Be sure to give yourself an extra few minutes to get set up if you have not used Zoom in the past.
2- Open/Download Zoom
After clicking the button/link, your web browser will open automatically and take you directly into the Zoom meeting. Simply follow the prompts to download Zoom to your computer or device.
This is a great tutorial for new Zoom users!
Zoom Controls & Tips
You will find controls like these at the bottom of your Zoom screen on a computer. On a phone or tablet, you will see three dots over the word “More” on the right side. Click that to see the rest of the control.
- Mute / Unmute – Use this to toggle your microphone. Please stay muted unless you are actively speaking during the meeting. It should look like this:
- Start/Stop Video – You may turn off your camera with the “Stop Video” button. (See image) Otherwise, we’d love to see you! Adjust your camera to center your face on the screen so people can see you properly.
- Invite – Invite your friends with this button.
- Participants – You can Rename Yourself here: “Participants” → More (or tap your name) → Rename
- Share Screen – You may not have this button, and you won’t need it.
- Chat – Send a written message to all participants. We will use the CHAT feature to share our JOYS at the beginning of the meeting.
- Reactions – These are non-verbal reactions that you can use during the meeting.
- Leave Meeting – Click to exit.
View – There are two options for viewing the meeting. On a computer, click in the upper right. On mobile, swipe the screen from right to left. “SPEAKER VIEW” shows a large image of the person who is talking. “Gallery View” shows many participants in boxes. (Brady Bunch style!)
Ask in the chat! Or contact Lisa at email@example.com in advance of the service.